PREVENTION BETTER THAN CURE!
I recently looked at an article in the Daily Mail, written by Sarah Brewer, which stated the 5 most common diseases that people in the UK die from are:
· Heart disease (heart attacks)
· Cancer (most common being throat and lung)
· Dementia (most common being Alzheimer’s)
· Digestive disease (most common being liver failure)
I am sure we have all heard of these diseases or maybe even know of someone who has one or more of these diseases. Is this all we have to look forward to, the possibility of getting one or more of these diseases also? On the contrary, God does not want us to be sick, He has provided us with natural ways to prevent and even cure these diseases.
I am sure you have all heard the saying “prevention is better than cure”. If this is the case, how can we prevent sickness and disease? Is it really possible?
Here are some other health problems that affect young people more directly.
· Obesity – (There has been a marked increase in obesity rates over the past eight years – in 1993 13% of men and 16% of women were obese – in 2011 this rose to 24% for men and 26% for women. For children attending reception class (4 -5 years) during 2011-12, 9.5% were obese.)
· Depression – (Mixed anxiety and depression is the most common mental disorder in Britain. Self harm statistics for the UK show one of the highest rates in Europe. 400 per 100,00 population.)
How can we prevent these health problems? How can we help someone we know with these health problems? It is possible by following these 8 simple rules. Here are the 8 laws of health:
Thursday 18th April 2013 we will talk more about Nutrition and how it can help prevent and cure the health problems that are so prominent in the UK.
For the the latest obesity stats for England click here.
For the Daily Mail article from Dr Sarah Brewer click here.