The University Gospel Choir of the Year competition is back! Now in its fourth year, the choir showdown will take place on Saturday 5th April 2014 in Islington’s Old Carlton Cinema.
University Gospel Choir of the Year provides an unprecedented platform for University Gospel Choirs across the UK to develop and showcase their musical abilities. Launched in 2011, UGCY is an annual competition that aims to brings together talented and diverse individuals through music, encouraging them to strive for excellence and exceed their own limitations, whilst inspiring the young and old in all walks of life. UGCY is proud to be able to continue to provide this unique platform for fresh talent from the best and brightest of the UK’s universities to shine and elevate themselves.
UGCY has soared in the past few years, having appeared on The X-Factor, Your Face Sounds Familiar, the BBC Proms and Premier Gospel. As well as staging their own world-record breaking attempt at Europe’s largest shopping centre, Westfield Stratford.
This year UGCY is aiming to stage their most spectacular show yet with resident host, MOBO-Award winning singer Rachel Kerr returning along with judges and now mentors Andrea Encinas, Mark De-Lisser and Stephanie & Ayo Oyerinde to crown the University Gospel Choir of the Year champions 2014.
* University of Manchester’s Harmony Gospel choir returns to defend their title in competition against:
* City University, London (Veracity Gospel Choir)
* Coventry University (Coventry Gospel Rhythms)
* University of Nottingham (Revival Gospel Choir)
* Portsmouth University (Portsmouth University Gospel Choir)
* Reading University (Reading University Gospel Choir)
* Royal Holloway, University of London (Royal Holloway Gospel Choir)
* University of Surrey (University of Surrey Gospel Choir)
Also guaranteed to have exciting guest performers this show is definitely not one to miss. Find full event details and tickets now via ugcy.co.uk at £15.00 with deals on group tickets.